1 June 2009

back to work music

I'm heading back to work on Tuesday after an awesome week off. So I'm putting a playlist together of the stuff we listened to whilst doing things. And so I'm also looking back on what we did. Apart from doing some of my own writing and getting distracted by two planners in a room, we did lots of easy days out. Like go to Greenwich Park with Milo. And going to Tunbridge Wells. We had lunch on the common, which looks like this. And this morning we went to Covent Garden's antiques market, because Tash is into her vintage stuff. The rest of the time we just chilled out in the garden with a bit of Spotify. But one tune was guaranteed to be blaring out of my macbook speakers at least twice a day. It was this glorious mash-up of Umbrella by Rihanna and Hypnotize by the Notorious BIG, by a gentleman calling himself Dan Black. It's brand new to me, and annoyingly (but unsurprisingly) I can't find it on iTunes or Spotify. If I were still regularly digging through the racks at Phonica or Rough Trade, I reckon I could have tracked it down about eight months ago. But babies tend to have a negative impact on your disposable income like that. So here it is on Youtube for you and me to enjoy instead. Lovely.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 6/01/2009 09:27:00 am , Blogger real men write long copy said...

Hi
Enjoying your blog.
That's all I've got to say, which seems barely worth it but I've said it now.

 
At 6/01/2009 02:13:00 pm , Blogger james said...

cheers dude! thanks for stopping by, and the feeling's mutual.

there'll always be a nice cup of tea and a custard cream waiting for you here. well, metaphorically speaking.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home