14 May 2009

animals are robots too

When I was little I used to love the Horniman Museum in Forest Hill. My grandparents lived round the corner, so we would go a lot. I loved the dusty randomness of the journey it would take you on. Ah look, here's some native American headdresses. Right next to a case of rare Egyptian beetles. That sort of thing. The museum has become a lot more polished since then, but the heart of it is still the same. And I was dead excited when Annie at work pointed out this exhibition to me. Robot animals! Using familiar gadgets and parts to show, for example, how a grasshopper jumps or how a bat sees its way in the dark. Robots at the Horniman Museum. Think I'd struggle to find a better combination than that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home