2 August 2009

fox

I picked this up from Daniel's blog. I'm excited about it! It's directed by Wes Anderson, and you can sort of tell as soon as the characters start moving. The film feels lived in - it has a kind of patina - that comes from the stop animation. I love the fact that it rejects the idea of complex 3D modelling on a computer screen and goes for something with a bit of nostalgia baked into it instead. There just feels like lots of knowing nods to the kinds of children's TV programmes I grew up watching whilst reading Roald Dahl's and other books. Here's why, I guess. Tash has started following the puppet maker's blog. She does lots of other children's work, like Postman Pat and Bob the Builder. Good stuff.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home