13 April 2009

not all on board

The Web Trends Map is a list of the 50 most influential domains on the internet and the people associated with them, mashed up with the Tokyo Metro map. It does look beautiful. But it also seems strangely appropriate that they chose to do it with a transport system that employs people just to shove more commuters on board. It feels like it should be revealing interesting things about people and mapping personal journeys and stuff like that. But it just seems to say stuff about the stations instead. So I'm not sure why it had to be visualised like this. I guess I'm just not sure what kind of story it tells beyond how big stuff is. Or how useful that would be. I'm sure it is to someone. Just probably not to me. Maybe it goes back to that thing that someone said, how data is just one other way of finding an insight.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home