12 April 2009

here we go again

This isn't new, it's an ad that was around last summer. But I don't remember it. And they are showing a different cut of it at the moment, without the Alan Sugar bit at the end. It reminded me of the other recent celebrity-led campaigns for financial products or brands. And I would just love to know what leads three different agencies to such startlingly similar solutions. Famous people make dry things more interesting? Meh. I've got a lot of respect for Dave Trott and his agency, CST, did this. And, to be fair, it's clear why they chose Sir Alan Sugar last year. But he's not in the cut they are showing at the moment. So what is it about Bob Geldoff, Stephen Hawking and Germaine Greer that sells this stuff? Because they make my teeth itch.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home